Published on Wednesday, 16 November 2016 22:18
Help prevent a turkey fryer fire!
Did you know?
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
Download data snapshot: Thanksgiving Day Fires
Five dangers of deep frying a turkey:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pt handles can get dangerously hot.
Download - "Prevent a Turkey Fryer Fire" - handout
Download - "Prevent a Turkey Fryer Fire" recipe card